Reaching out with a diverse range of products and services

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
ACLEDA Bank’s modern banking platforms are popular with tech-savvy young Cambodians. SUPPLIED

As a retail banker, ACLEDA offers a diverse range of products and services to meet the demands of all growing sectors, whether micro, small, medium or corporate customers.

“We call ourselves an SME bank, but in fact we cater for every segment, so customers can choose from our product range. We offer loans to all sectors, including micro, small, medium and corporate.

“We grow with them, and help them develop from small or medium to reach the next stage,” said ACLEDA Bank President and Group Managing Dr In Channy.

The bank’s products and services – loans and deposits, credit and debit cards, digital banking, fund transfers and trade financing, as well as other cash management facilities – are readily available.

And by leveraging on its sophisticated digital platforms, the 30-year-old bank has been able to break down geographical boundaries and roll out its comprehensive financial services to reach urban, semi-urban and rural clientele.

“The ‘ACLEDA mobile’ app is very popular among our customers. They use it to buy goods, make payments, pay bills, apply for loans or change their terms for fixed deposits,” Channy said.

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
ACLEDA Bank’s modern banking platforms are popular with tech-savvy young Cambodians. SUPPLIED

Content image - Phnom Penh Post

Transactions per month average $8 billion in fund transfers, and the number of transactions per month is around 10 million, of which 94 per cent are done via the “ACLEDA mobile” app.

“Around 80 per cent of our revenue comes from loans because the demand for them is still high, while the other 20 per cent is from fees.

“We want to increase non-loan revenues to 30 per cent, but that is hard because of the demand for loans. We offer diversified products and services so the bank can offer superior quality banking.

“Wherever customers are located, they can easily access our services. And we also have the largest branch network in the country,” Channy said.

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Customers can rely on 909 cash machines across the Kingdom. YOUSOS APDOULRASHIM

Backed by 262 branches, plus over 70 self-service centres, ACLEDA Bank has positioned itself as a premium player in the Kingdom’s banking sector, which boasts 57 commercial banks.

“The self-service centres have been established to support customers who wish to do their banking outside of office hours, while some transactions, such as depositing money, can be done using the mobile app.

“Some customers want to their banking in private and in their own time,” he said.

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Self-service kiosks are changing the face of banking in the Kingdom. SUPPLIED

Content image - Phnom Penh Post

Self-service kiosks are located in busy areas, and customers can rely on 909 banking machines across the Kingdom that are available 24 hours.

Banking services such as cash deposits and withdrawals, money transfers, creating a virtual card, opening a bank account, printing an ATM card, updating account information, opening term deposit and printing certificates of deposit can be done at these outlets.

“ACLEDA Bank also established a call centre. We were the first bank in Cambodia to have professional teams who speak multiple languages to assist our customers.

“This is all part of our principle of customer protection,” said Channy.

The call centre operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays, to assist customers across the Kingdom or even worldwide.