Selection Number: 195380 - ICS06 National
Junior Portfolio Management Specialist
The Asian Development Bank – Cambodia Resident Mission (CARM) was established to assist its Head quarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB’s activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
This assignment requires an intermittent inputs of 264 working-days over 22 months to support the ADB Technical Assistance that aims to enable a more effective institutional arrangement in the Royal Government of Cambodia for portfolio monitoring on a sustainable basis by strengthening capacity of Department of Project Portfolio Management (DPPM) of Ministry of Economy and Finance through (i) design and operationalize the port-folio performance management system; (ii) strengthening the established Project Portfolio Data Management System (PPDMS), and (iii) operationalize on-line training material for subject/topic specific clinics.
Scope of Work
The National Junior Portfolio Management Specialist will assist in strengthening the portfolio management in the DPPM.
Tasks and/or Expected Output
The specialist is required to have knowledge on project management and implementation and will support International Portfolio Management Advisor to deliver tasks, of which the detail is available at
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
• At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience with similar responsibilities in project portfolio management, and financial and accounting management. Experience in public institutions or international agencies/organizations related to development assistance and/or RGC projects externally funded by DPs will be an advantage.
• Proficiency in operating relevant computer programs, especially MS Office: spreadsheets and word processing; as well as software in accounting and database applications. Ability to type is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
•Familiarity with Cambodia Standard Opera-ting Procedures for Implementing All Externally Financed Projects/Programs, and/or ADB/WB procedures would be an advantage.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Deadline for application: 15 February 2024
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive environment.