Nightclub in Pailin province’s Sala Krao district burns down

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
Flames engulfed the SENSE Entertainment Club in Stung Kach commune’s Phsar Prom Cheung village of Pailin province’s Sala Krao district after an electrical fault occurred at 5:45 am on November 19. POLICE

Flames engulfed the SENSE Entertainment Club in Stung Kach commune’s Phsar Prom Cheung village of Pailin province’s Sala Krao district after an electrical fault occurred at 5:45 am on November 19.

The fire did not spread to other buildings or threaten lives in the neighbourhood because the authorities intervened in time, the National Police said.

The club owner is Khun Ly Hangdak, 48. He is a resident of the village the club is located in.

Ly Hangdak said that the fire was caused by an electric fault and the building incurred $100,000 in damages but it was contained before it posed a danger to anyone’s life.

A total of 15 fire engines were on hand to help extinguish the fire during the incident with the Department of Fire Prevention of Pailin province sending four fire engines to assist the Sala Krao district police, Stung Kach commune police and village security guards in bringing the situation under control.