The ICRC Mission in Phnom Penh seeks to fill the following position:
Senior Health Field Officer, based in Phnom Penh
Your main responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Protection Coordinator (Head of Detention in Phnom Penh) and the Health Program Manager (HPM) (Head of Health Department in Bangkok), participates and coordinates in all aspects of ICRC’s Health Care in Detention Cambodia activities. The Health Field Officer 3 works towards ensuring people deprived of their liberty in Cambodia have access to quality health care. S/he is the interface with prison health authorities and internal (ICRC) and external (local authorities, NGO counterparts) stakeholders on health-related issues. S/he oversees programs and plans and coordinates health activities at field level (with the support of supervisors when relevant).
Your main responsibilities:
• Represent Health Care in Detention department within the delegation’s meetings
• Closely coordinate all activities and operational strategies with appropriate colleagues in Phnom Penh and Bangkok (Protection, Water-Habitat, and Management).
• Maintain and develop networking activities to represent the ICRC towards authorities and organizations relevant for the Health Care in Detention department (General Department of Prisons, Ministry of health, International NGOs, etc…)
• Responsible for the internal reporting (eg: Monthly Operational Report, Detention Visit Reports, Quarterly reports and Statistics) and for contributing to the external reporting.
• Manage, coach and supervise the Health Care in Detention team (3 resident staff based in Phnom Penh)
• Conduct People Management activities including performance management, career management and development with support from managers.
• Ensure proper prison health system assessments, training, monitoring/supervision, implementation and evaluation according to ICRC Cambodia Detention strategy and plan of action.
• Ensure that the ICRC administrative, financial and logistical procedures within the department are followed
• Coordinate with the logistics department for supply and delivery of materials and services.
• Plan and contribute to the strategy and manage the Health Care in Detention budget and financial follow up
• Respect and observe the staff regulations of the delegation (i.e Code of Conduct) and apply the security rules at all times.
Your education and experience:
• Degree in medicine or nursing.
• Postgraduate master’s degree/ diploma in public health or health management a strong asset.
License to practice in Cambodia
• 3 to 5 years’ work experience in a similar position. Experience in a detention context would be an asset
• Good command of written and spoken English (working language in the office)
• Proven management of a small team
• Pro-active with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity,
• Resourceful, with strong organizational skills and able to fulfil assigned tasks with minimal supervision,
• Excellent influence and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to work in team settings with people, from diverse backgrounds,
• Sound analytical skills
• Readiness to travel and spend extended periods in rural areas of Cambodia
• Khmer Nationality.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
• Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to contribute to a humanitarian operation
• 13th Month Salary
• End of service payment, one-month salary for every years of service and is calculated on the average activity rate of the overall employment period but amounting to no more than 12 month’s salary
• Institutional training provided by ICRC
• Language training
• Individual professional development. Eligible after 24 months working in ICRC.
• Health insurance coverage for the employee and family members
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage the candidacy of women and persons with disability.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations,
by email only to: [email protected] (Specify position name at your email title)
Attn: Human Resources Department, ICRC, #8 Street 178, Sangkat Phsar Thmey III, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Office Phone: +855 (0) 23 990 781
Deadline for applications: 13 February 2020
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview