Platforms for Real-time Information SysteMs (PRISM) Notification – Call for Portfolios, CVs, and Company Profiles
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
PRISM is a government decision-making initiative born out of a WFP Cambodia innovation project aimed at visualising programmes in real time. Its goal is to strengthen the capacity of government partners in managing information for effective decision-making.
In 2018, WFP will work to develop PRISM software to tailor its technology solutions to relevant partners. With this aim in mind, WFP is looking to create a roster of firms and individual candidates with some or most of the following specialized experience:
- Ruby on Rails, Python, Flask, Angular 1.6, OpenLayers 4, HTML5 Web Application Framework and intuitive web design that is mobile compatible.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, cloud-based services, database management systems and development of APIs with optimal functionality, reliability and usability.
- Open source GIS mapping services OpenStreetMap, GeoServer, MapProxy, innovative web mapping and web GIS portals.
- User friendly UI and UX providing a functional and information rich mapping service.
- Demonstrated experience translating user requirements into deliverables.
- Has collated data and prepared reports on IT/TC investment and costs in order to facilitate decision-making by stakeholders.
If you, your company, and/or institution provide the above expertise, please send your CV, company profile, and/or portfolio to [email protected] or submit application through WFP Career Website by registering an Account @ https://goo.gl/fbqc5Y before applying.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
Tuesday, Feb 27th 2018 at 5:00 PM