Private Equity Investment and/or Senior Investment Officers–Cambodia Base
Emerging Markets Investments Advisers (“EMIA”) is seeking talented investment professionals to join its Cambodia team. EMIA, a Singapore Registered Fund Management Company, currently manages the Cambodia-Laos Development Fund and its successor, the Cambodia-Laos-Myanmar Development Fund II. The funds have made 20 private equity investments, providing growth capital to enterprises in Cambodia, Myanmar and Lao PDR. A third private equity fund is currently being raised.
We are now seeking two Investment and/or Senior Investment Officers with appropriate experience to join our growing investment team in Phnom Penh. The role will also offer exposure investment transactions in the Myanmar and Lao markets.
• Contributing to the team’s investment capabilities in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar;
• Support to the full deal process, from pipeline development and opportunity analysis, through exit planning, deal structuring and valuation and preparation of Investment Committee proposals;
• Financial modelling in support of deal evaluation and agreement with sponsors on growth strategies;
• Assess deal pipeline ESG issues and support of the development of necessary action plan;
• Post-investment support and value addition, including development of governance standards and alignment with exit requirements;
• Appropriate support to local office compliance and reporting;
• Building the brand and reputation of EMIA as a leader in ethical and professional investing, including through its commitment to Environmental and Social Governance.
The position would be substantially located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with some travel in the region.
Qualifications & Experience
• Compelling and relevant investment-related experience;
• Willingness to live in Phnom Penh and travel as required to Lao PDR,Myanmar and Singapore;
• Excellent academic qualifications in a relevant business or financial field with additional accounting or other qualifications (ACCA, CFA, etc.) preferred and financial modelling skills essential;
• Strong desire to pursue private equity investing into SMEs in emerging or frontier markets;
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and networking skills;
• High ethical and professional standards; experience in applying ESG standards will be advantageous.
Interested applicants should email a curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected].