Background: MoEYS is currently implementing its five-year Education Strategic Plan (ESP) 2019–2023, which articulates incremental steps or measures needed to develop human resources that are of the very highest quality and are ethically sound to develop a knowledge-based society within Cambodia. MoEYS is planning to develop its Capacity Development Master Plan (CDMP) 2019-2023 to respond to the policy objectives of the ESP (2019-2023).
The CDMP 2019-2023 will serve as MoEYS’s blueprint for comprehensive capacity development of the entire ministry, with a focus on identifying, and planning future capacity development responses at organizational, institutional and individual levels to help address implementation of the ESP and Cambodia’s SDG4 roadmap. The plan will articulate what is required for MoEYS to ensure effective leadership and management of education staff at all levels through a ministry-led, needs based, comprehensive, systematic and sustainable capacity development approach.
Positions Needed: 2 TAs
MoEYS is seeking to recruit one International TA and one National TA to support MoEYS develop its CDMP 2019-2023 in a timely manner. The two TAs recruited by MoEYS will work closely with TA from the International Institute of Education Planning (IIEP) Paris.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent, or PhD) in education planning, management, or similar field
• At least 12-years’ experience on monitoring and evaluation, human resource development or other related areas of work.
• Experience in supporting educational development, in supporting education planning, organizational capacity assessment preferably including support to government ministries will be seen favorably.
• Relevant experience in developing, monitoring, delivery and management of capacity development strategy/plans is an asset;
• Relevant experience of national, sub-national and school-level capacity development issues relating to the education sector, preferably in Cambodia or in the region.
• Experience of sectoral planning and reporting arrangements, including working in professional teams and use of results frameworks, logical frameworks and work planning arrangements.
• Excellent inter-personal, mentoring, facilitation and communication skills.
• Excellent English language written and spoken skills are required.
• Able to work to meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy and presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in education, social sciences, international development or related technical field;
• Have at least one-year experience in policy development, social protection, or education programmes;
• Experience in human resource development/capacity development, institution building as well as organizational management;
• Familiarity with the education sector in Cambodia and MoEYS policies and programmes;
• Excellent skills in coordination and stakeholder engagement on issues related to teacher professional development, particularly with national government and/or development partners/NGO’s
• Excellent communication skills including report writing (essential), presentation skills and interpersonal skills, critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills;
• Fluency in English required, basic fluency in Khmer would be an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the work place; and
• Excellent command of English including writing and presentation skills.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) can be obtained from Mr. Onn Sivutha, Director of Planning Department, through email: [email protected].
The closing date for the submission of application and CVs is: Friday COB 15 November 2019.
The interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply through the MOEYS, offline application and CVs submission through email or sealed envelope is also acceptable.
The address for the submission of application and CVs is below:
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Directorate General of Policy and Planning
#169 Norodom Blvd, Boeng Keng Kang, Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Telephone: 012 23 91 50,
E-mail: [email protected].