Finance Officer – Cambodia
Emerging Markets Investments Advisers (“EMIA”) is a Singapore-based Registered Fund Management Company (“RFMC”) regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. We provide growth capital to dynamic and growing companies in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar. Our headquarters is located in Singapore and we have established offices in Phnom Penh and Yangon with existing investment teams.
EMIA manages two private equity funds, having closed our most recent fund in December 2015. We seek talented and ambitious individuals to help us execute outstanding private equity investments at the highest professional and ethical standards.
We are seeking to build our team with the addition of a Finance Officer based in Phnom Penh Office. The person will oversee the accounting function of Cambodia, Myanmar and Singapore offices.
• Reviewing the documents necessary to support the payment procedures and review all payment vouchers
• Reviewing all closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliation;
• Preparation of financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis;
• Preparation of the variance report on a monthly basis;
• Ensuring proper maintenance of accounting systems, and the timely and accurate reporting of financial information;
• Ensuring all statutory requirements are fulfilled;
• Review of monthly tax returns to ensure that taxes are properly paid in accordance with local tax regulations;
• Preparation of annual tax returns and coordination of the year-end audit;
• Manage and coach the finance and accounting team to achieve high levels of performance.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor degree, or higher, in accounting, finance or related field;
• 3-4 years of relevant working experience;
• Good English is a plus;
• Proficiency in QuickBooks;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• A strong desire to work in a team-oriented organization;
• High ethical and professional standards.
Interested candidates should email a curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected], clearly stating an interest in the “Finance Officer” role in the subject line. The application must be submitted by 31th March 2020.