The U.S. Mission in Phnom Penh is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Protocol Assistant for the Executive Office, Department of State.
The incumbent serves as the Embassy’s main point of contact for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Protocol Department, the Royal Palace and coordinates U.S. Government officials’ VIP visits to Cambodia. S/he serves as the personal assistant to the Ambassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission and/or their spouses on complex and sensitive protocol matters. S/he develops and maintains a large network of contact with all office directors in all government offices in the country, prepares and maintains biographic data of key official figures, reviews and revises guest lists for embassy functions, and provides visiting delegations with protocol guidance and advice. The incumbent accompanies the Ambassador and senior U.S. Government officials to meetings. Coordinates with the household staff of the Ambassador and the Deputy Chief of Mission and arranges Embassy official functions.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 13,296 – 20,602.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, Management, Business Administration, Public Relations, or Education is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience in public affairs, event management, executive secretary/protocol assistant, or other related experience is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Khmer are required. (This will be tested.)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have level II typing ability (40 words per minute). Proficiency in operating word processing equipment. Must possess a pleasant personality and thereby have ability to maintain good working relationship with key personnel within the Royal Cambodian Government.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of all sections and departments of the Royal Cambodian Government, knowledge of officers holding key positions within the Government contacts, and thorough knowledge of Cambodian customs and practices.
The application deadline is June 19, 2017. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to RecruitmentPHP@state.gov using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at https://kh.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.